We care for our customers and we strive to provide exceptional healthcare services to our customers using latest technologies, customer centric approach and transparency in operations.
- Digital X-Ray facility
- Ultrasonography (USG)
- 2D Echocardiography
- Echocardiography (ECG)
- Multislice CT Scanner
- Dental OPG/TFT
- Digital Mammography
- TMT / Stress test
- Diagnostic Pathology & Histopathology
- High End 1.5 T MRI
Digital X-Ray facility provides immediate processing and the ability to digitally transfer and enhance images. This allows applications in all routine X-rays as well as specialized imaging studies like IVP. IVP or intravenous pyelogram which is a radiological procedure used to visualize abnormalities of the urinary system, including the kidneys, ureters and bladder.
- You will be required to remove all jewelries and wear a gown provided at our Centre during the x-ray examination because metal and certain clothing can obscure the images and require repeat studies.
- Carry previous X-ray images and reports if you have undertaken the same test earlier.
- Lumbar spine X-ray requires overnight fasting and clear motion to get a clear image.
Sonography is an ultrasound based diagnostic imaging modality used to visualize subcutaneous body structures including tendons, muscles, joints, vessels and internal organs. Ultrasounds are commonly used to detect or aid in the detection of abnormalities and conditions related to pregnancy. Ultrasounds are usually combined with other tests, such as dual marker, triple marker tests, to validate a diagnosis.
- Based on the procedure, fasting or other required instructions will be provided to you at the time of booking the appointment
- Carry doctor’s prescription on the day of the test
- Carry any previous reports you may have
Echocardiography is also known as Echo, Cardiac Ultrasound, Doppler ultrasound of the heart, Cardiac Ultrasonography, 2D echo test and 3d echo test. It is a test that used to give an image of the heart using sound waves. It can be used in conjunction with a stress test to show the heart as it beats while the patient is exercising.
Echocardiography is a very precise method to detect the hearts movement and shape. It is a non-invasive technique that uses sonar to study the motion and appearance of the valves. The patient is asked to lie down and remove clothing from the waist up. A sheet of paper or cloth is used to cover the patient. Electrodes will then be placed on the patients body. The patient might be asked to breathe in a certain way or be asked to lie on ones side to best help the test be performed successfully. A gel is applied to the chest followed by a transducer i.e. a machine that sends and receives sound which is placed on the body over the heart and measures distance to produce the visual representation of the heart on a monitor. How the visuals appear in a 2d echo test and a 3d echo test will depend on the machine used. Though only a trained sonographer is required to perform the test, a cardiologist will best interpret the results.
The test is performed for a variety of reasons:
- To detect abnormal heart valves i.e. the atria and the ventricles which are concerned with the distribution of blood.
- To detect abnormal heart rhythms like tachycardia i.e. rapid increase in beating of the heart to brachycardia i.e. rapid decrease in beating of the heart
- To check for any congenital heart disease
- To observe for any damage that the heart might have taken after a heart attack
- To look for inflammation of the heart also known as pericarditis or for any fluid that might have gathered in the sac around the heart.
- To look for heart murmurs.
- To observe the heart in greater detail.
This kind of test is perfectly safe and should be performed in an environment with a trained sonographer present. Patients are advised to speak to their cardiologist before taking any medication or changing their routine. There are no special preparations a patient needs to take for this test but diabetic patients should always consult their doctor who must be kept well informed before undergoing echocardiography or altering existing medication dosage. It is recommended for any people who might be feeling abnormal pain in the heart or chest area. Get it scanned by a trained sonographer at your nearest Suburban Diagnostics lab.
Modern technology like the electrocardiogram test (ECG test also known as EKG test) should be a commonplace sight in most hospitals and even doctors clinics. An ecg test is a test that checks for issues with the electrical activity of the heart during expansion and contraction. The ekg test machine is the machine that records the activity taking place and displays in the form of waves. It’s common for doctors to look at the dips and spikes on readings to be used as a way to interpret the health of the heart and the body overall. Your heart should beat at 60 to 100 beats per minute. An ekg test can be used to determine if the heart is beating properly or if the beating of the heart is not within the safe range, then the patient would be suffering from arrhythmia. As we see more development take place and more lifestyles change, we start to see a trend pointing to increased problems in the hearts. Especially when it comes to air pollution, our lungs are breathing in dangerous chemicals that are eventually harmful not just to the lungs but the heart as well. In areas of high development and in developing areas with a lot of construction work nearby, heart problems can be common so it’s important to know where the closest ecgcenter is located. When people do an ecg test after complaining about chest pains, the ecg test here also helps doctors determine if the pain is coming from the heart or from another organ in the body. An ecg test can also help doctors determine other heart problems like imbalances in the blood chemicals that control heart activity, cardiac arrest taking place, inflammation of the heart, poor blood supply to the heart, congenital defects involving the electrical systems of the heart and enlargements of the heart.
The ecg test is conducted by placing electrodes on the limbs and the chest of the patient. A gel is applied on the spots where the electrodes have to be connected. Often, hairy patients who take an ekg test have to have the hair from their body shaved off before placing the electrodes as it could interfere with recording heart activity at the ecgcenter. The procedure is non-invasive and safe for everyone.
There are 3 types of test:
- Resting ECG: The patient must not move or speak during this test. It only takes between 5 – 10 minutes to complete this test.
- Ambulatory ECG: A portable machine is attached to the patient but he or she is free to move normally as this kind of testing is used for patients who have sudden symptoms or are recovering from a cardiac disease/cardiac arrest. It is a way of monitoring them for future occurrences.
- Cardiac stress test: This is done on patients when they are involved in a physically strenuous activity like cycling on a stationary bicycle or running on a treadmill. Electrical activity is monitored while the activity takes place between 15-30 minutes. No special preparations will be required for an ECG. Previous reports of tests conducted should be carried with you so that the doctors can determine levels of progress.
A CT scan is a radiological imaging test that creates detailed images of the body, according to Medline Plus. It may be used to diagnose an infection, guide a surgeon to the correct area throughout a biopsy, identify masses or tumors within the body, or examine blood vessels. CT scans are performed by a CT scanner, according to Medline Plus. This imaging machine rotates around patients while shooting X-ray beams toward them. A computer that is connected to the machine then creates separate slices, or images, of the body. A doctor can thread the slices together to examine the different structures of the body.
OPG stands for Orthopantomography. It is a special method for obtaining radiographs of the teeth-bearing jaws, both upper and lower.Because OPG’s give a bird’s-eye view of the teeth and the adjacent bones, they are useful in a wide-variety of conditions including impacted wisdom teeth, periodontal bone loss, finding source of dental pain, orthodontic assessment.At Suburban Diagnostics, we have a state of the art specially assembled OPG machine that rotates around the jaw-bones, thus giving us a proficient idea about the structure of the jaw bones. OPG is similar to an X-ray but calls for a distinguished procedure than a standard X-ray.
Test Preparation: No special preparation is required for the test
Mammography is a special type of X-ray imaging designed specifically to image the abnormalities in the breast and plays a major role in early detection of breast cancers. Mammography can show changes in breast well before a woman or her physician can feel them. Successful treatment of breast cancer depends on early diagnosis.At Suburban Diagnostics, we not only screen for breast abnormalities, but also confirm it by diagnostic mammography using additional imaging tests such as Ultrasound. Also, ultrasound guided FNAC or biopsy can be performed at our centre with appointment.
- Do not use any talcum powder, perfume, deodorant prior to the test
- Avoid wearing any metallic items, jewellery when you come for the test
- Bring your prior mammography images and reports with you on the day of the test
- Schedule the test for a time when your breasts are least likely to be tender If you haven’t gone through menopause, that’s usually during the week after your menstrual period. Your breasts are most likely to be tender the week before and the week during your period.
Alternate name: Treadmill test, Treadmill Stress Test, Exercise Stress Test, Exercise Treadmill Test, Cardiac Stress Tests
Test significance: For many athletes and individuals in Mumbai and other cities looking for a level of fitness beyond the normal, they need ways to determine if their body can take the kind of pressure they want to exert on it. A stress test is one way to determine fitness and capability. The tests can take place on a stationary cycle or on a treadmill. Before a patient start the treadmill test, a technician will use an ECG test to determine the heart rate at rest before asking the patient to exercise for a treadmill stress test. The patient then begins by walking on a treadmill which leads to jogging then running. Sweating, heart rate and breathing rate will all go up as it gets harder. If a patient feels dizzy, experiences arm or jaw pain, shortness of breath, light headedness or any other symptoms, the patient is expected to inform the lab technician about what is going on.
It’s not just the athletes and fitness fans who benefit from stress tests. Stress tests also check to determine if the flow of blood to the patients heart is adequate when heart rate activity goes up. If a patient is on medication for a heart problem that occurred previously, a treadmill test can be used to evaluate how effective the heart medication is. Without proper control, patients can suffer from angina or ischemia. If a doctor is unsure about whether a patient has coronary heart disease, a treadmill test can help determine the presence of it. Some patients who go in for cardiac surgeries to restore normal blood flow within the heart vessels will be asked to take a treadmill stress test to determine the effectiveness of the surgery or other method used on the patient to restore blood flow. When the heart is stressed, the rhythm of it could change and this will help doctors determine if the patient suffers from arrhythmia during exercise. Many people are also scared that jumping into an exercise routine will do more harm than good and getting a stress test done will allow a doctor to create an exercise routine that’s appropriate for the fitness levels demonstrated.
Usually it’s an electrocardiogram test that is taken when a stress test is performed but another way to check heart functionality is with an echocardiogram. With an echocardiogram, doctors and lab technicians can see a graphic outline of the hearts movements and how the hearts walls are pumping when the heart is stressed.
Before coming for a test in Mumbai or other cities, ask your doctor what precautions and preparations need to be taken into account. Though it is commonly suggested that patients avoid a morning walk, take only a light breakfast, wear loose clothes and sports shoes and male patients will have to shave their chest before they come in.
Diagnostic Pathology & Histopathology
High End 1.5 T MRI